Feedburner Count

ikmalThink : macbook aluminium unibody (end 2008)

I've submitted a post regarding the sexy and upgraded MacBook Air previously. However, in my anticipation on Malaysian release. I stumble across a comparison made between both new Unibody MacBook and new MacBook Air.MacBook Air

Is MacBook Air no longer sexy?
Reviews on how bad MacBook Air before has not affected me even one bit. But now, even if money won't be an issue, I still stutter on making such decision.
Unless its 0.68kg lighter, 0.47mm thinner, brighter screen with ambient light sensors - keyboard and screen (love this); there are no other functional and practical use of the MBA even though lighter is a thumbs up. They should have updated the Air far superior than MacBook to be able to compete.
Please don't get me wrong, I really love the Air before but why Apple pushes us to this. I mentioned earlier that money is not an issue but buying MBA rather than MacBook is just plain stupid.

MacBook Unibody specifications (low spec/high spec)Unibody MacBook
  • Processor: 2.0GHz/2.4GHz with 3MB L2 and 1066 FSB
  • Memory: 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 - supports up to 4GB
  • Hard Drive: 160GB/250GB running at 5400 rpm
  • Slot Loading optical drive: 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • Price: a lot cheaper than Air
  • Extra: Stereo and battery status indicator on side
  • view full specifications
Above specifications is what differs from MBA, people do nagged about its missing Firewire (they nagged about everything these days). I never use it but there are people who really need it that much. Extra USB and Optical on MB really does not affect much in my comparison because I need only one and it's for a Thumb Drive if you REALLY on the go (talk about portability, hands on optical?).
Also!
Easy access on battery and HDD makes it easier to upgrade to SSD (solid state drive) in the future since the price will be a lot reasonable in 5 minutes time. I heard rumors that MBA will be "upgrade" on April '09. Till then, I'll stick with my decision on MB and get my hands on it ASAP.

Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment




related posts via labels